Tip Topping Mission Peak


Summiting Misson Peak for the third time, I would still say that the trails,  which could look like a procession route of sorts for religious cult members to watch a reenactment of Jesus Christ being crucified on some days, is not an easy hike.
Djeline and I waited in line to have our pictures taken on the pole, almost 3 miles and 1500 feet elevation gain  away from the trailhead. Almost four years ago, Djeline showed me the way. The truth? I still get lost on the rhetoric so much. Djeline and I almost took two hours to get to the top exchanging views about  President Obama and Donald Trump, the difference between agnostics and athiests and not both believing in global warming.
The Mission Peak tip top is a place where I could shamelessly use a selfie stick if I had one. But since everyone came for a photo op at the tip top, a selfie stick is not necessary. Djeline just handed her phone to another hiker behind her and off we went to the tip top pole shot. 
I had this crazy urge to take an idiot selfie  when a couple handed me a phone for a shot of themselves with scenic San Francisco Bay in the background. But my idiot selfie  on somebody's iPhone would be deleted in a second and I would just have been just another old Asian woman who didn't know how to take photos using a cell phone. 
I don't know what keeps me coming back to Fremont just to hike Mission Peak when there's Mount Woodson which is just a 15 minute drive from my home. It must be for those holy cows that remind me that there are still grass fed cattle in America. 
Aside from  those holy cows, there are also squirrels. 
Spring is just around the corner...where Djeline parked.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out