First Day Hike, First Day Ride
I didn't know about California State Parks' First Day Hikes Program until New Year's Eve. I thought I have hiked every trail in San Diego since I have been hiking with meet up groups for the last four or five years. The county listed South Pronto Beach on the First Day Hike program and got curious with South Pronto Beach in Carlsbad. Pronto means soon or now and good old Google didn't say why this beach in coastal Carlsbad is called South Pronto Beach.
The glorious holy shih Tzu is not in the picture this first day of hiking. Last year, he dominated most hiking pictures, the first day hike in the once in a blue moon snowy wonderland road to Corte Madera near Lake Morena. I was licking my wounds with the thought that I was stuck with Ayyeddis Vahkkendjaab and there was the glorious holy shih Tzu to give me company.
I summitted Viejas Mountain the same day and sang Donald Fagen's IGY singing out loud the refrain: "What a wonderful world this would be, what a glorious time to be free!" And the holy shih Tzu was with me the whole way with his eternally glorious celibate smile. Get the point? Hiking is better than sex...it's a good excuse when the spirit is so much willing and you decide you have a headache instead.
After shooting myself in the head wearing a teng tubao, I drove home wondering where to go next. I have just been at Miramar Lake the previous day so since it is the first day ride for me, it should be different from a common day ride. So off I went to Mule Hill Trail to park and ride.
Mule Hill was also the San Pascual battleground between Native Americans and invading Europeans in the olden days. The Europeans ended up eating the mules after Native Americans set the livestock free and that's the truth, go ogle!
Along with teng tubaos, Prius Iscariot will be featured in upcoming outdoor blogs. The glorious holy shih Tzu will still be the sack Buddha from the Cordillera grazing travel blogs. He had a blast last year meeting up with his most virile tribal relatives.
I would ways be the participant observer even if I am on my own selfie. After saying hello to solitary hiker and a horse rider one after the other, I saw a deer coming out of the bushes. I was able not able to take a picture of the deer because o was engrossed on taking idiot selfies.
From the Mule Hill Trailhead, I went southwest going under Chelsea King Bridge, the part of Interstate 15 named after the teen cross country runner slain near the Lake Hodges Trails about 5 or six years ago. It was getting dark and the nice lady with an ugly dog who took my picture was telling me of an app that would transform underexposed pictures.
You don't have to read my blogs, I meant to just show off the pictures. Last year, my one-time NYT anonymous contributor professor Jason Williams marked my midterm essay as FI, fairly incoherent, that is! Don't bother yourself with a headache. Sex is good.









Comments