Revisiting Cowles Mountain
At an elevation of 1,591 feet above sea level, Cowles Mountain Trail could be difficult for toddlers and the physically handicapped. Of the four peaks at the Mission Trails Regional Park, it is only in Cowles Mountain Trail that I have seen preschoolers hiking with their parents.
The young girl propped by her mother on top of the Cowles Mountain summit marker reminds me of Simba in the Lion King, the animated movie. What looked like a consecration could probably be a photo op. Chances are, four or five year ago, the girl's mom posted on facebook the ultra sound photo of the girl now seated on top of the land mark
Cowles Mountain is the very first peak I summitted that is part of the Mission Trails Regional Park. That was about four or five years ago. I have since tried the other routes leading to the summit and the one I took today could be the least strenuous, even a child could do it. 



Comments