Hiking in the Rain
Rain in San Diego has quite become a novelty, at least this is how I feel eversince I had an attack of the Stendahl Syndrome over the occurrence of rain in San Diego, about five or six years ago.
I just came home from my night work and set off for rain hike as soon as I changed into my pair of Timberlands. I was returning for more blue dicks. I wondered how much jail time would I get if I was caught collecting blue dick bulbs. I can always pretend I can't read and write in English.
Not far from the sign that I did not understand are where day laborers wait for someone to pick them up for day jobs. There was not a soul in sight and I thought how embarrassed would RN be if I was struck by lightning and died on the spot with a trowel in hand and collecting blue dick bulbs.i knew these blue dicks should be left alone. But they are exotic in every sense of the word, not the modern day exotic of the LBFM kind.
I hummed a Band Perry song if I die young thinking of all the blue dicks I illegally collected.
"If I die young, bury me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses, sink me in a river at dawn.."
Just one of those silly songs but I was thinking of my epitaph. Of course, it's too late for me to die young.
Here lies the inglorious bastard wanderer who stole blue dicks.
I recognized the first blooms of lupines in front of the newly constructed park ranger's office not far from the canyon preserve. These must be transplants.







Comments