Virtually Revisiting Wadsworth
RN took the photo of Gail's house in 2005. Gail's residence at Bearswamp Road near the River Styx until her succumb to cancer late last month was built before the American Civil War. RN is Gail's uncle, Gary. The photo was taken from the back of the house.
The photos was taken from the front of the house over the weekend when RN flew to Ohio to get together for Gail. Gail who was an equestrian was also an atheist. When I met her in 2005, I remember her saying that when she dies, she wished she could just ride her horse into the woods and decomposed into the earth. I thought Gail was more spiritual than anyone I've met.
Gail's pre-civil war residence is part of a 237 acre property which includes a barn and the very first nature trail I hiked at long before I started meeting up with fellow once normal college students to hike peaks and parks or join meet-up groups to bag buttes and summits and even to explore talus caves.
Gail's woods which was recently referred to as the Fall River Farm having been leased partly to organic farmers would soon be a nature preserve with hiking trails open to public. The property has been bought by an Ohio land conservancy group.





Comments