The Original London Bridge

From Barstow, I drove 188 miles one way to see for myself the original London Bridge. I drove more than 3 hours by I-40 just to make sure that the London Bridge in Lake Havasu City in Arizona is not a joke.

A  bridge reconstructed from the remains of the original London Bridge built between 1176 and 1209 that survived till the 18th century and a total cost of $5.1 million to relocate in Arizona is not a joke.
Instead of the Thames River, the Orginal London Bridge is constructed over a channel that flows from Lake Havasu and Colorado River. Instead of the industrial and cosmopolitan setting of the modern day London Bridge, the Original London Bridge has a vast desert wilderness as a backdrop.
The London Bridge at Lake Havasu is to me similar to calling the ancestral domain of the Havasupai as Grand Canyon. 


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out