Mojave National Preserve

The preserve which was declared by President Obama as Mojave Trails National Monument  in February this year. It had  been officially known as Mojave Natonal Preserve under the 1994 California Desert Protection Act. 
Cinder cone lava beds? Who knows? I am exploring on my own and I can only look at the map. I took these photos halfway from the  Baker entrance and the Kelso Depot visitor center. 
Mojave could also be Mohave,  a word that might have been derived from  aha macave or mahav, Native American words that might meant people living by the water. The Mojave tribe may have lived by the Colorado River.
The Mojave National Preseve is basically considered a modern-day ghost town named Kelso. The Kelso Depot which has been converted as a visitor center  was built by the Union Pacific Railroad system. 
The railways along with the depot are still intact. 
While the railway traverses from southwest to the northeast, visitors have the option to traverse the desert from north to south. Despite of Howard Stern laughing his ass out on Sirius, I couldn't help but notice the whistle-like tune emitted by some elements in desert.
See the big horns? 
I couldn't wait to return..


 
 

 

 

 
 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out