Sweetwater River Trail

All the pictures I have taken of Phillip Ederslky in the past was mostly his back. It's because I was always behind him, following him like he was the Pied Piper and I am the rat! I once thought of him as Maestro Magellan, like a GPS navigator. He gives driving directions in terms of latitude and longitude in reference to the Greenwich Mean Time.
The sign that warns trespassers sound a lot less forgiving than the Lord's Prayer. Forget about being forgiven if you trespass the Sweetwater Reservoir Dam. You will be crucified!
Another sign is more intriguing than informative. I know the plants in the area are indigenous. But a Jack the Ripper wearing a sombrero is both ingenious and Indigenous to me. Ahh..the signs of the times, so they say!To the east of Sweetwatet River Trail is Mount San Miguel. I have been revisiting that mountain...only in a blog I posted maybe three years ago.
The bladderpod blooms with the glorious holy shithead. I decided not to snap a bladder pod. I remember Jill saying the bladderpod was so named because young pod would stink of urine if you mistake them for snap peas.
There's this flower I call whatchamacallit for now.
And another whatchamacallit flower that smell like onions.
There's Maestro Magellan, Ling who just moved to San Diego from Boston, Ray who was born Regina, Mike who is a consultant of the San Diego Humane Society and also teaches at UCSD, Al who flew in from New Jersey the day before and Cliff who just pop up to the hike on his Subaru Outback. I told Al that I blog but he didn't need to read my text, he can just look at the accompanying pictures.









Comments