The Girl from Chula Vista

Recently, the girl from Chula Vista has become our very own Jessica Sanchez in San Diego. I never watched or followed American Idol or America's Got Talent before but this time I noticed and followed. I have been following the lukewarm support of San Diegans on Jessica Sanchez. The first time I heard somebody in San Diego acknowledging Jessica Sanchez was when an on-air host of KIFM, a station I listen asked what Jessica Sanchez and Manny Pacquiao have in common. It was the heckling portion of the program and I had to turn off the radio before I could hear anything I probably would not find funny. At the break room some days ago, I was listening to a Filipino co-worker talk about the racial issue of Jessica Sanchez when another Caucasian co-worker casually noted that Jessica Sanchez is an American. I totally agree with Megan, the Caucasian co-worker. Jessica Sanchez is probably a first or a second generation American and Filipinos can not totally own her. She is also of Mexican descent. Just like the humming bird in the photo, Jessica Sanchez is a native of San Diego. She is just as American as any San Diegan in Chula Vista.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out