Plucked from Asia

She came to America in her 30's when her son who was born in Shanghai was barely two years old. Her daughter who was born in the US is a freshman at UC Berkeley. I met Ling today at the hair salon. She gave me a haircut. I like Ling Ming a lot. She is nice.
I have actually been more comfortable with fellow Asians like Ling Ming than any other fellow Filipinos.


The very first friend I made when I came to America was Tia. Justitia was plucked from Indonesia as a foreign bride. Just like I was. But there were never strings to be untangled with her. But Jakarta tied more invisible strings on the upbringing of Tia. I don't remember if she was born of the Islamic faith. She had a Latin justice for a name. I think she was born Christian. There was no mention of being born again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out