Auto Show

Looking back ten years ago, I did not even dream of driving an automobile. I rode jeepneys. That's all I want to remember now. But other than remembering all the jeepneys I rode, comes other memories. All I could afford then was to ride jeepneys.


There were no shows then. I was a single parent struggling to raise two daughters and living in a room of an apartment rented and occupied by my sister and family. Even if I was paying 90% of the rent, I felt I was at the mercy of my sister and her family because they were doing me a favor by letting my daughters and me occupy the room.


I rode jeepneys most of my waking hours. I did not feel sorry for myself then for just being able to ride jeepneys. I had a job and I was estranged from the jerk that I married and he was not around take my salary to gamble or buy meth or liquor. I redeemed myself from the jerk on November 5, 2000.


I met my 3n1 on December 23, 2002. Three in one would be father, lover and friend. The first email exchange was unpretentious. I was at my ascetic best.

"Sugar catches more flies than vinegar."

Everyday, I thank my Babe for bringing me to America. Life is wonderful.


I am practically an American now. I could still vividly remember the times when all I could ride are jeepneys.


The Auto show is the fun side of being in America. It's fun to ride along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out