Diversity among Fishes in a Fishbowl



1. Rapunzel is not her real name. From her break room narratives, she was scrubbed white by her mother as a little girl. She was once a foreign bride like myself but she brought out the badass in me.
"Are you ignoring me?" she asked me from accross the hall.
"Say that again?" I said.
I had to reclaim myself later and went to her to apologize.
"That's all I am waiting for," she told me looking like she was about to break down and cry.
I hugged her.

2. I am still looking for an opportunity to reach out to Q, my fallen angel. Stiff and straight, I thought at first she was gay. Oh no, she is married to a man but barren. Cute is the word that I could describe her most. I don't want to categorize her with Pedro's mom because she has much class and breeding and intelligence than anyone in the fishbowl.

3. Paul was not a fool on the hill. To me he would always be the goofy guy.
"Who gave you a haircut? Is he still alive?" Paul, a Pinoy plucked like me and someone whose flip ways would never be plucked from him, asked.
"He is so much alive. On the contrary, I gave him extra life," I shot back at Paul who never called me Ate or ended his conversations with me with "Poo". I was fond with Paul because he never used "Poo" on me.

4. ♫♪♫ How do you solve the problem of Maria?♪♫♪ Taking charge of fishes in a bowl is not easiest job in the world especially if you are a fish yourself. The thing I like most with fishes working together as a team is the decision making process. Having relegated myself to a participant-observer as a dummy on the side, it would be nice to watch the fish philosophy working at its best in the fishbowl.

5. Every one has his or her own hidden meadows, that is, if you are not a fish in a fishbowl and wanted to make the most of your free time off the fishbowl. Since the fishbowl is just a metaphor, the fishes in the fishbowl are metaphors in themselves. Miracle does live in hidden meadows. Miracle is Delta Dawn in person.
Delta Dawn, what's that flower you have on?
Couldn't be the faded rose from days gone by?
And did I hear you say, he was a-meetin you here today
To take you to his mansion in the sky?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out