Crab thoughts
I took the picture on a Good Friday when folks from my old world which I now look closely from afar would be on their knees praying for the intercession of the Blessed Virgin.
Okay, the people in the picture were having some prayer meeting and there I was thinking of my caption:
"How high does the grass grow in Germany?"
The first time Josef, a co-worker of Polish origins told me about the joke, I told him the joke is too political and a little sardonic. Hitler killed so many Jews who did not give him the "heil reich" salute.
I was also thinking of a blog on crab mentality as I worked on the shutter of my 35mm. Imagine the crowd in the photo as small crabs all together in a bushel. The goal would be to get out of the bushel. The bushel sits upright and everyone caught in the bushel would just think of escaping. It is a survival instinct to escape out of captivity. The only option is to climb out of the bushel and with everyone thinking the same way, one has just to step on everyone to get to the top.
Getting to the top as a crab is very self-oriented behavior. If you were a human being, you forget being one and just think of your own survival or your goals.
Comments