Thinking of Lao Tzu
A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.
That's according to Lao Tzu. The real late Lao Tzu!
I have referred to my fellow traveler, the sack Buddha, as Lao Tzu at first. Lao Tzu, the sack Buddha, became the glorious Holy Shih in the company of Pha Khin Phat. Pha Khin Phat is my pet name for Hotei, the fat laughing Buddha well known for its girth and the luck it gives to gamblers when they rub his fat belly. The Chinese word Shih to my understanding denotes to some poetic verse, maybe some kind of ejaculations, whatchamacallit as glorious orgasmic experiences to celibate monks.
Lao Tzu said so, again. The journey also started with a mobile post on Facebook while waiting for my flight to Philadelphia. The Holy Shih has graced a lot of some glorious travels, mostly cheesy and full or corn, ever since I watched the movie Amélie.
The glorious Holy Shih Tzu meets Ate Guy!
Unknown to Ate Guy, she and the glorious Holy Shih had crossed paths before. I came upon the glorious Holy Shih when he was a mere sack Buddha among woodcarvings for sale at the Baguio Public Market. I was already a shithead in ILS then and on my way to my mother's house in La Union to be with KG and Karlee for the weekend. I have just been empowered from a stupid marriage then. A little backgrounder on the stupid marriage that ended in an expensive annulment case is a quip from Ka Orly, my social work professor for my field work in working with groups.
"You are an outsider to the group unless you marry one of them!"
Who in her right mind would have thought of marrying her social work client. This fucked up shithead, who else...
He who does not know how to look back to where he came from would never get to his destination...
It sounded like Lao Tzu thinking aloud but it was actually Jose Rizal, the Philippine national hero who said so in another language. Early last year, the sack Buddha met up with his fellow Cordillerans to look back and had since moved on or moved back to the place he now calls home. You've come a long way baby..
And yes, expensive annulment case was all worth it.
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be...
Lao Tzu must be turning over in his grave right now for all of his quotes I have been twisting. You see, I have promised to stop releasing those f-bombs, D. Yes, I meant them fucking bombs and write in pure Christian letters like Joel Osteen did to the Corinthians. Who the fuck Joel Osteen is? Go fuck yourself and ask Google!
Blessed are the cross-eyed for they shall see God twice!
I am seeing an obelisk for the first time and I didn't think twice about the glorious Holy Shih gracing one. Someday, when I have nothing better to do, I would climb an obelisk. I imagine there would be ladders inside of course.
When I let go of what I am, I become of what I might be...
This filler quote also come from Lao Tzu. Whatever he meant, just figure it out yourself and let me just continue with this fucking blog.
From the lowly monkey pod tree (as in acasia), the sack Buddha created in the image and likeness of God, indeed has come a long way. The White House doesn't look as fabled as it did on TV. By next year, there will be another occupant to that iconic structure. I have come to accept the fact that it would not be Bernie Sanders, the good man I am voting for in the California primaries come June 7.
And I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
Counting the cars on the New Jersey turnpike
They've all come to look for America
All come to look for America
Amidst the comings and goings, observe how endings become beginnings
The Cordilleran woodcarver who created the sack Buddha that become the glorious Holy Shih was probably not aware that Siddharta Gautama who became the founder of Buddhism is the Buddha himself and not Pha Khin Phat. Born a prince in Nepal, not Tibet as I initially thought it was, the Buddha renounced his wealth and family to become the glorious Holy Shih.
Great trouble comes from not knowing what is enough
Great conflict arises from wanting too much
When we know when enough is enough
There will always be enough
The protest pile that almost looked like a misplaced pile of garbage right in front of the White House is almost ironic. Free Tibet? I was not aware that Tibet is occupied till now. I wonder who the Dalai Lama is representing. An occupied Tibet? I know the Dalai Lama is not Lao Tzu but I have always associated him with the monks in Tibet. World peace is so fucking complicated!
The sack Buddha, icon of inner peace, gets to DC, icon of all icons, at the least world peace.
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be...
Lao Tzu must be turning over in his grave right now for all of his quotes I have been twisting. You see, I have promised to stop releasing those f-bombs, D. Yes, I meant them fucking bombs and write in pure Christian letters like Joel Osteen did to the Corinthians. Who the fuck Joel Osteen is? Go fuck yourself and ask Google!
Blessed are the cross-eyed for they shall see God twice!
I am seeing an obelisk for the first time and I didn't think twice about the glorious Holy Shih gracing one. Someday, when I have nothing better to do, I would climb an obelisk. I imagine there would be ladders inside of course.
When I let go of what I am, I become of what I might be...
This filler quote also come from Lao Tzu. Whatever he meant, just figure it out yourself and let me just continue with this fucking blog.
From the lowly monkey pod tree (as in acasia), the sack Buddha created in the image and likeness of God, indeed has come a long way. The White House doesn't look as fabled as it did on TV. By next year, there will be another occupant to that iconic structure. I have come to accept the fact that it would not be Bernie Sanders, the good man I am voting for in the California primaries come June 7.
And I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
Counting the cars on the New Jersey turnpike
They've all come to look for America
All come to look for America
Amidst the comings and goings, observe how endings become beginnings
The Cordilleran woodcarver who created the sack Buddha that become the glorious Holy Shih was probably not aware that Siddharta Gautama who became the founder of Buddhism is the Buddha himself and not Pha Khin Phat. Born a prince in Nepal, not Tibet as I initially thought it was, the Buddha renounced his wealth and family to become the glorious Holy Shih.
Great trouble comes from not knowing what is enough
Great conflict arises from wanting too much
When we know when enough is enough
There will always be enough
The protest pile that almost looked like a misplaced pile of garbage right in front of the White House is almost ironic. Free Tibet? I was not aware that Tibet is occupied till now. I wonder who the Dalai Lama is representing. An occupied Tibet? I know the Dalai Lama is not Lao Tzu but I have always associated him with the monks in Tibet. World peace is so fucking complicated!
The sack Buddha, icon of inner peace, gets to DC, icon of all icons, at the least world peace.



Comments