"The falling leaves, drift by my window
The falling leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sunburned hands I used to hold."
The good old song popularized by the good old dead Nat King Cole is full of sentiments about autumn leaves which is its title. I could have picked a more upbeat song but Google which is getting old but still good couldn't come up with any.
It's September 22 and it happens to be Fall equinox. I think of Fall equinox as the start of autumn when foliage change colors and leaves collectively fall. Fall equinox, according to timeanddate.com is the second equinox of the year. The first one is the Spring equinox or vernal equinox.
I decided to go to the San Dieguito River trails by the historic adobe house at Escondido when I couldn't find early autumn foliage along the trails going to Stanley Peak at the Daley Ranch.
In San Diego, summer always seem to extend into early autumn, except for shortening days. I just happen to be googling at lot that I came to be aware of Fall equinox.
There's something emotional about autumn, like aging. No matter how one hides age, it would always show. For me, there's no such thing as graceful aging except if you are Mother Nature.
Mother Nature is indeed beautiful and I wouldn't even argue about it, in spite of global warming which I never believed in anyway. Climate change? Another misnomer for me. Weather forecasts which are becoming more accurate are still predictions or estimates of future climates and they are still subject to climate change. I think God created climate change along with Adam and Eve in six days. Of course, God rested on the seventh day as believers already know.
Greenhouse effect? I have always wondered how temperatures rising at its peak in summer accumulates in space because of some carbon ceiling that resulted from human farts and second hand smoke. I do believe in greenhouse effect when it's about growing orchids or the best tasting tomatoes.
Comments