Finding the Cedar Creek Falls

The Cedar Creek Falls was closed to the  public for two years after a 16-year old fell into the deep pool catch basin where the water from an 80-foot ravine flowed into. After every abundant rainfall, the catch basin create deep pools upon impact of a the water falling from the 80-foot ravine.
The deep pool is called  a punch bowl and  Cedar Creek Falls is also known as San Diego' s  "Devil's Punch Bowl".The area surrounding the creek and the waterfall area reopened in 2013 with a permit system to regulate foot traffic and discourage teenagers going to the area for drinking sprees. In the photo is a young hiker being helped to retrieve  a gallon of water that fell into the water.
The group photo was spontaneous. Naomi and I only knew these young people as fellow hikers exchanging hi and hellos earlier  on the trail. To me, the camaraderie looks as  deep as the Devil's punch bowl behind us.
It was the Eagle Peak that I was actually looking forward to bag after Denise Baker, a friend from Grossmont College  told me that her house at the San Diego Estates in Ramona is a walking distance from the  Eagle Peak trailhead. I found the Cedar Creek Falls trailhead while looking for the Eagle Peak trailhead about two weeks ago. The trailhead located at 15519 Thornbush Road in Ramona actually leads to the Eagle Peak.
The trail that begins at the end of a  Ramona suburbs is called the San Diego River Gorge Trail. The 2.8 mile trail is probably the easiest access to the creek. Just past the trail  an overlook of a lush vegetation in between canyons snaking westward.
Finding the Cedar Creek Falls trailhead and finally hiking into the source of the San Diego River is like hitting two birds with one stone. I know we're not supposed to harm wildlife. I am just remembering  Juliet's favorite idiot, I mean idiom: "It's like hitting two birds with one shot."
Forget about Juliet, this shithead was the idiot she hated most at one time.
The trail teems with wildlife. I kept an eye for horny toads but I thought I saw a pussy willow beetle. I associated the crawling insect with pussy willows, the flowers that bloomed  in spring in Idyllwild when the snow starts to melt. What I thought to be a pussy  was neither a  beetle nor  spider off its web.
The pussy is actually a white velvet ant. Thank you spiderzrule.com!
So much about pussies. I did catch a lizard with my macro lens.
As kept an eye for horny toads also known as horned lizards to the San Diego Natural History Museum Canyoneers  https://gopluckyourself.blogspot.com/2015/03/san-diego-natural-history-museum.html, I spotted Stacy's wooly blue curls.
The yellow mariposa lily reminds me of the El Cajon Peak where I first saw them.
El Cajon Peak reminds me further of John Muir.
"The mountains are calling and I must go!"







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out