Mira Mesa Fall
Flower table is my translation of Mira Mesa. The northwestern part of San Diego is however not that elevated.
MiraMesa is more of a flat terrain than a plateau. At least not in the center where many Asian business establishments are located. Mira Mesa is also where the Filipino and Vietnamese ethnic communities live. This is where many Vietnamese doctors and other top earning Vietnamese professionals like pharmacists started when their families were FOBs. They have since left the area for fancier neighborhoods. Mira Mesa is more of empty nests for former Vietnamese refugees now. But for Filipino immigrants, Mira Mesa is more like Manila in terms of high occupancy households.
I did a short ride on the bike lane along Black Mountain Rd and it actually felt more comfortable pumping my pedals on an asphalted surface. I guess this is where I would train myself to be more comfortable before I would get myself a self-assembled road bike from Amazon on Cyber Monday. No amount of falls induced by honking truck driver would stop me from sharing roads on a bike. As Kelly Clarkson sings: "What doesn't kill you make you stronger!"

Comments