Yo se mi te


John Muir, an American born in Scotland helped establish Yosemite National Park. I was not sure how to pronounce the Muir in John's name so I referred to the trail as that portion of Pacific Crest Trail at Yosemite. 
John Muir was demure. He was said to to subsist on bread and water to survive. I wonder how Muir is pronounced in Scotland. 
This PCT-crazy nomad will take every chance to get on a PCT. It took me a Metrolink, an Amtrak train and a bus, and hours of joy ride into the wilderness to get back to Yosemite National Park. There was no way I could get  into a meet-up group for the chance to hike at the Yosemite so I had to create the opportunity, a spur of the moment trip about a thousand miles away from home,
myself!
Rich Davidson pronounced Toulomne  as Twa-low me. 
"Be not afraid, I go before you always, come Toulomne!"
That was supposed to be Jesus assuring me not to be afraid: "Come, follow me!"
I came to Toulomne to Djump with Djeline!
Come Toulomne Holy Shit Zu! Here, there  and everywhere, it's Holy Shit Zu indeed at Toulomne meadows. Oh deer in the background.
Ah, marmot! 


Comments

Unknown said…
U pronounce Muir like a ngongo saying Pure! :) :D :P

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out