A return to the trails at Cuyamaca Mountains
When I found the trails, I never would want to leave. It must have been a traumatic experience to be left behind and at the brink of quitting. This SOB slow Mofo has a personal fight within. To keep up bagging small peaks. The small peak was Stonewall Peak at the Cuyamaca State Park.
My hiker for the day is Katrina. We were wearing bandannas the same way.
I tell Katrina that the Stonewall Peak reminds me of the Moro Rock at the Sequoia National Park. I spark a conversation with Katrina and she tells me she lived close by the foothills of the southern part of Sierra Nevada. As we neared the peak, I corrected myself and tell her the Stonewall Peak is a molehill version of the Moro Rock.
My return to the trail is also a return to the memories of the past treks. After a good to see you hug, Melanie asked me where Karlee is. Melanie is the kind of hiker I would stick around with. We hike on our pace with our digital cameras. She was as usual with RJ, her significant other. She asked me if I have been hiking a lot. I was honest to tell her about not wanting to hold a group. Melanie also goes around looking for interesting trails. She tell me about Mount Zion and a little of Bryce Canyon. I told her about my plan of joining Djeline and Marissa to trekking Bryce Canyon in three weeks. I also tell her about my plan to go to Warner Springs to look for the Kay and her group at the Agua Caliente Trail after the hike.
From the Cuyamaca State Park in Descanso, I drove 21 miles to Warner Springs for PCT markers. I opened a gate to a livestock area where some PCT markers are.
As has been my preoccupation as a PCT Thru-hiker dreamer, I am always on the look out for PCT markers. I took a picture of a PCT marker with Karlee's color run t-shirt in the background. This is the second time I am in the area.
The PCT transcends private properties in rural areas of the county.
Once again, I mark a PCT marker. For the goal. For the dream.


Comments