SOB to Cuyamaca Middle Peak

I learned my lesson the hard way  on the trails  to a Cuyamaca Peak. I will never go hiking again right after spending 12.5 hours with Ayyeddis Vahkkendjaab. I practically ruined Kelly's hike and would always be remembered as the SOB who ruined Kelly  hike. This SOB was too ashamed to even apologize to the event host.  Yep, this SOB dumb ass was a pha khin party pooper.

I was warned by my babe days before the hike. I was thinking of picking-up Tanya, the hippie hiker who does not drive. I first hiked with her at the Santa Margarita River trails in Fallbrook. Richard told me I should not even be hiking either. An umbrella insurance would not cover a good deed gone wrong he reminded me. I did not argue. Besides my driving skills being basic and moronic, I did not want to be driving anyone other than myself right after spending 12.5 hours with Ayyeddis Vahkkendjaab. Yep, too much of a liability and my insurance only pays for me.

I deleted from my phone any proof that I called Tanya when I got to Paso Picacho campground at the Cuyamaca Rancho State Park.
"Are you picking me up? I am waiting for Eric who is on his way. If you are not picking me up, why did you call?"

She told me good luck before she hung up. I realized Ysabel was really super nice when she pick Tanya up on her way to Santa Margarita River in Fallbrook. When I saw Tanya again at the Hellhole Canyon, she caught up with the group with another hiker who was also kind enough to pick her up from her Normal Heights residence. Ysabel was also at the Hellhole Canyon hike. I noticed about the lacking second time favor for Tanya from Ysabel.

Had Tanya made it to the hike on time, I planned never to admit to her that I was the one who called While she was waiting for Eric to pick her up. And I thought I had the good luck I needed to make it to the hike that I have so many times missed in the past. Because of Ayyeddis Vahkkendjaab!

What's SOB? Issa PMs me from Santa Clara when I asked her if she becomes SOB when she goes out hiking by the foothills close to her workplace after her day shifts. She told me she brings aspirin with her. When we strolled in a mall area in Fremont three years ago, Issa got so exhausted, we had to stop and sit at a bench for her to catch her breath.

"Shortness of breath, Issa, what did you think it was?" I knew Issa was thinking about somebody's son.

My SOB came after Larry and Vickie turned around. Larry got concerned about needing to take steroid  shots  like prednisone  against exposure to poison oak ivy. I did not even think of turning around with Vickie and Larry. I drove all the way from Encinitas right after spending 12.5 hours with Ayyeddis Vahkkendjaab. Only to turn around only 2 miles before reaching the middle peak? No way!

Some dumb ass determination! I didn't want to be remembered as the slow mofo who quit. Hiking-induced asthma? I first heard it from Marie T  and Kelly. I never actually gave any alibi to Chad when I quit my first attempt to El Cajon Peak. Cindee just advised me to take my time because there was only one trail going to the Tecate Peak when I decided to be left behind.

It sounded like I was kidding when I told Marie T that I only have asthma when I hike uphill. Marie T told me it's exercise- induced asthma and I should talk to my doctor about it. I am sure I would mention it to Dr. Shalauta when I go see him for the admission requirements I was required for the telemetry program. This would be the first time I would tell my primary care physician about my peak bagging adventures.  After taking the Primatene tablet given by the Larry who did not turn around, I actually felt better after.

I felt bad that the group had to turn around for me. I could only thank Kelly, Marie T, Vince and Larry for bearing with me.  I wish I did not have to be the SOB on the trails to Cuyamaca Peak.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out