a hiker left behind
I was looking forward to bragging about climbing Mount Whitney. I am glad I did not announce to the whole of Facebook world that I would be hiking Mount Whitney. Mount Whitney, not the highest peak in the contiguous US but a lesser one. Not in the Sierra Nevada ranges but in the hidden valleys of north county of San Diego.
I did not even got close to Mount Whitney, the lesser one. I did not get to the hiking group I was joining in time. I was left behind. I didn't earn my bragging rights for the lesser Mount Whitney. Maybe it was the hiking boots I was wearing.
I walk on with my tight pair of Hi-Tec boots. I couldn't waste the trip. This hiker left behind did not have to go home without adding another trail on her list. Mount Whitney, the lesser one, would have to be bagged another day. This hiker has have something to blab about.
I say hello to Blue Dick and Monkey Flower. I know them. I have plucked them before as I have gone and plucked myself a lot.
I did not even got close to Mount Whitney, the lesser one. I did not get to the hiking group I was joining in time. I was left behind. I didn't earn my bragging rights for the lesser Mount Whitney. Maybe it was the hiking boots I was wearing.
I walk on with my tight pair of Hi-Tec boots. I couldn't waste the trip. This hiker left behind did not have to go home without adding another trail on her list. Mount Whitney, the lesser one, would have to be bagged another day. This hiker has have something to blab about.
I say hello to Blue Dick and Monkey Flower. I know them. I have plucked them before as I have gone and plucked myself a lot.



Comments