A Glimpse of the San Jacinto Wilderness
Idyllwild impressed me as a mountain resort town of the Riverside County.. It's Big Bear Lake to LA and Julian to San Diego. Last week, I was with members of the same group, the Hiking Addicts at the Santa Rosa Plateau and we marveled at the wildflowers. This time, it was Idyllwild, idyllic and wild!
Bill, the tall athletic guy I once compared to the real Gautama Buddha not Pha Khin Phat, the laughing Buddha, is leading. Once again, we were made to introduced ourselves. I brought with me Holy Shih Tzu in my backpack. There were enough Asians in the group so I had to keep Holy Shih Tzu in hiding. There were Taka, Miki and Xing who name is still pronounced like crossing without the railroad.
I hate it when the SOB attacks. I hate being the slow Mofo. I hate blaming the altitude. Xing saved me from hypoglycemia but I wish she did not have to blab to Bill that my breakfast was still in my backpack. But she gave me the sweetest gummy bear and I would not have cared if it was 100 percent made in China just like her.
"Didn't I hike with you to El Cajon Mountain about six months ago?" I could not remember where I have seen the gentleman who asked.
He wore a wide brimmed hat. I was such a slug at El Cajon Mountain that I vowed to just go hiking alone to save myself from embarrassment. Another tall athletic guy just like the leading man I once compared to Gautama Buddha, not Pha Khin Phat, the laughing Buddha.
The gentleman wearing a wide-brimmed hat is Chad. When I had the chance to ask him which hike to El Cajon Mountain it was, I realized my embarrassment for being a slow Mofo came back to haunt me at the trail to Suicide Rock. Chad remembers the slow Mofo who quit El Cajon even before she could get to the first mile marker.
"I wanted to return for you but the person you asked to tell me you were turning back told me." I was touched but I also wanted to disappear right there and then.
Later at the summit, Chad offered me some dehydrated food which I graciously accepted. The food was tasty and the act of kindness was sweet. If I'm part of the Canon Law, I would beatify Chad as a saint.
I have a thing for trail markers. I asked my friend Kay to take a photo of me by the Suicide Rock marker. Been there, done that! I mean I hiked as slow Mofo to Suicide Rock. Not on the brink of jumping over the San Jacinto Wilderness from the Suicide Rock like how the legend of the Suicide Rock is told. Some native Americans (which Americans of today call "Indians") used to inhabit the area and the Suicide Rock was said to where Romeo and Juliet who went by their native Americans names jumped into the San Jacinto Wilderness to protest their impending marriages to individuals whom their families arranged with and approved of.
There's my friend Kay and I. I have a thing with markers and I wanted to mark the moment with one very pleasant lady I met at the meet-up.
The photo was taken by Bill, the tall athletic guy I once compared to Gautama Buddha, not the laughing one, Pha Khin Phat.
Bill, the tall athletic guy I once compared to the real Gautama Buddha not Pha Khin Phat, the laughing Buddha, is leading. Once again, we were made to introduced ourselves. I brought with me Holy Shih Tzu in my backpack. There were enough Asians in the group so I had to keep Holy Shih Tzu in hiding. There were Taka, Miki and Xing who name is still pronounced like crossing without the railroad.
I hate it when the SOB attacks. I hate being the slow Mofo. I hate blaming the altitude. Xing saved me from hypoglycemia but I wish she did not have to blab to Bill that my breakfast was still in my backpack. But she gave me the sweetest gummy bear and I would not have cared if it was 100 percent made in China just like her.
"Didn't I hike with you to El Cajon Mountain about six months ago?" I could not remember where I have seen the gentleman who asked.
He wore a wide brimmed hat. I was such a slug at El Cajon Mountain that I vowed to just go hiking alone to save myself from embarrassment. Another tall athletic guy just like the leading man I once compared to Gautama Buddha, not Pha Khin Phat, the laughing Buddha.
The gentleman wearing a wide-brimmed hat is Chad. When I had the chance to ask him which hike to El Cajon Mountain it was, I realized my embarrassment for being a slow Mofo came back to haunt me at the trail to Suicide Rock. Chad remembers the slow Mofo who quit El Cajon even before she could get to the first mile marker.
"I wanted to return for you but the person you asked to tell me you were turning back told me." I was touched but I also wanted to disappear right there and then.
Later at the summit, Chad offered me some dehydrated food which I graciously accepted. The food was tasty and the act of kindness was sweet. If I'm part of the Canon Law, I would beatify Chad as a saint.
I have a thing for trail markers. I asked my friend Kay to take a photo of me by the Suicide Rock marker. Been there, done that! I mean I hiked as slow Mofo to Suicide Rock. Not on the brink of jumping over the San Jacinto Wilderness from the Suicide Rock like how the legend of the Suicide Rock is told. Some native Americans (which Americans of today call "Indians") used to inhabit the area and the Suicide Rock was said to where Romeo and Juliet who went by their native Americans names jumped into the San Jacinto Wilderness to protest their impending marriages to individuals whom their families arranged with and approved of.

Comments