Oak Oasis Preserve

The preserve  was tagged as San Diego's best kept secret by Stephen, the event host. Accross the road is the El Capitan Open Space Preserve where the El Cajon Mountain Peak is accessed. I crashed the the hike knowing that there would be no shows, meaning some members of the San Diego by Foot who have signed up for the hike would not show up at all.
 
The preserve  consists of oak groves, meadows and interestingly formed boulders overlooking the San Vicente Reservoir. Not many hikers wander into the this well marked area. Everyone seems to be racing to El Cajon Peak where I have graduated myself as a slug hiker, a super slow Mofo!
 
What I like most about the preserve is its being part of the trans country trail (TCT) system. From Anza Borrego in the East and to the Penasquitos Lagoon in the west.
 
 

Leave nothing but footprints. Take nothing but pictures. If I could I wish I could have taken Stephen's email address as well. He is a current PCT section hiker and he was telling me about a kick-off activity of PCT hikers at Southern Terminus in Campo come April. Meanwhile, my plan is to explore more areas of the TCT to condition for more PCT areas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount Baden Powell

The Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon

Tenshi's coming out